Thursday, January 13, 2022

Horror Movie Night Cookbook Volume 1

 Happy New Year, everyone! I hope all are safe, well, and riding out this latest COVID variant in style (and lots of movies).

I wanted to shakes things up a bit to kick off the new year, so I thought I'd give a shout out to a cookbook I received as a Christmas present:

Horror Movie Night Cookbook Volume 1, by Richard S. Sargent

Long time followers know that I often provide a suggested food and beverage pairing for the best horror movie watching experience (albeit, often tongue-in-cheek), but this fine fella Actually Wrote A Cookbook!!

Please know that I howled with delight as I tore open the wrapping paper, and then I just sat there, incredibly impressed and completely absorbed by the contents! This is damn neat cookbook!

You'll find recipes for finger food [heh], beverages, full meals, sweets, loads of horror movies and horror themes to enhance the joy.

This is not only an utterly delightful book with utterly delightful dish and drink names, but it's also really well made. A lot of work went into this project and it shows. Impressively detailed with recipes ranging from easy to difficult, as a self-admitted Not Very Good cook, I started taking it as a personal challenge to see if I could make these fine foods (the alcoholic drinks, no problem). That is to say, although covered in gore, this particular cookbook did not intimidate me. 

As of today, this is a pretty recent publication by Richard S. Sargent, which somehow made the gift that much more charming because I felt I hopped on a cool train to destination trending town. Also, as a published author myself, I really, really respect the amount of work it takes to not only get a book out in the world but also the hustle it takes to get the world to notice it. 

If you or someone you know would also enjoy this treat of a book, then you can find it here. Note, it's also available in digital format.

Great job, Richard S. Sargent, best of luck, and I look forward to seeing Volume 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment