Saturday, October 23, 2021

Alien Predator aka The Falling (1986)

October Challenge Day 21

The reviews for this film are atrocious. I simply do not understand why this film is so dumped upon. I thought it was Great! 

This is a plea for Alien Predator aka The Falling:

I'll admit the title is terrible. Awful. And sometimes it's plural and sometimes not. In fact this poster image is laughably ridiculous: 


I much prefer this poster - and (while still rather lame) this title:


I'm not entirely sure what this movie had planned for itself but it came out looking a lot like a conglobation of several different iconic films. I'll leave it at that. But the end result is a hilariously entertaining and alarmingly solid creature feature. 

Here we have three young folks traveling Spain, when a NASA experiment crumbles back to earth with dangerous *things* inside. 

Are you still with me? Because it's only going to get more logical from here. 

This experiment escapes from the crash landing and it starts invading a small, rural Spanish town - just the very place our three travelers are heading to. Let the adventures begin!!!

I read in IMDB that the comedy in this film is based on the comedy from American Werewolf in London and I absolutely, 100% can see that. Bonus, the screenplay is based on a screenplay previously titled: "Massacre at R.V. Park"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

The adventures never stop with this one. 

For some reason people (previous reviewers) don't understand what this film is about. They also don't understand the outrageous nuance and detail underlying this feature. I, personally, was impressed with the film. I was laughing of course, but also impressed. 

In all, this is not your typical '80s creature feature. It has a heart that beats a little differently, if you pay attention. 

Best watched alone or with a small group of cinephiles. Pairs with beers and favorite junk foods that go well with yeeting the haters. 

I watched this film on Paramount+ or use Horror Habit's Find It! Watch It! links to see where else you can find this diamond in the rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment