Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Willy's Wonderland (2021)

October Challenge Day 5:

I am a huge fan of the Five Nights At Freddy's video game series. I  never made it through the nights. Ever. Although I don't play a lot of video games, it stands as one of the scariest I've ever played - outdoing the previously held record by Fatal Frame. Oh what the hell, they're tied in my book. 

So when I heard a film was being created about killer animatronics, and staring the ever delightfully weird Nicolas Cage, I was all: SIGN ME UP for: 

Willy's Wonderland

Killer animatronics - HELL YEAH!

And then I was informed this film isn't based on FNaF, in fact an actual movie about the game is currently in the works!

At first I just stared blankly - I mean, this film is about surviving a night from killer machines in a Chucky-E-Cheese like place .... this, you mean to say this is *not* based on FNaF....?

But then I was all, f*ck it! I'll watch both - take my money you twos.

Cage steals the show, by far, and he never says a word. It's a Cage vs demonic resurrected serial killers in machine form BATTLE TO THE DEATH show!

I loved it. It's sunburned and dingy, clinging to your '70s, '80s, and '90s youth in a brown and gaudy smoked-stenched hell hole - also known as either your living room or the rare family dinner out. 

I might have just revealed too much about my own rearing.....

While it's not clearly understood why Cage is just rolling into this deserted town or why he knows exactly what to do to battle these machines, it is super fun to watch and and hilariously over-the-top. 

My first experience with an animatronic family dinner was at a tourist stop somewhere in Montana, around age 9.  I stood in horror at the machines on stage. 

Even at 9 I was all: What In The Actual F Is This Demon Sh*t? Family asking if I'm having fun, no. No I am NOT having fun [pointing with alarm at the stage]. 

This could be why I totally understood why this film's premise is so relatable - as is the FNaF game. Who thought these musical *creatures* were a good idea?!?!?!

I tried to turn memories around when I turned 23 years old and hosted my own birthday party at an actual Chuck-E-Cheese. I'm not sure if I made things better or (likely worse) for myself, for everyone. 

This film is ridiculous and that's what it's exactly suppose to be. Have fun ... if you can!!!!

Best watched in a small group, pairs with pizza and LOTS of soda. Be sure to keep your string of tickets in a safe place - spend them all at once on a really really stupid item. 

I watched this movie on Hulu, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this terribly great idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment