Thursday, October 7, 2021

The War of the Gargantuas (1966)

October Challenge Day 7:

Folks, I love love love love love these Japanese swinging '60s creature features!!! 

The War of the Gargantuas

Be still my heart.

I'm getting ready for a trip to Vegas with some of my best ladies, and this film is perfect for background packing. Of course not a whole lot of packing is happening as soon as these monsters are loose in the city. 

Here we have a lab grown monster that scientists affectionally call: Frankenstein. He's sweet, cute, and little. But then they think he died for some reason and everyone forgets about him *until* he's somehow alive, grows enormous, comes out of the sea, and battles a giant sea creature. 

The plot thickens though, when a mutated evil double version of Frankenstein is found living in the mountains. They battle it out across Japan like sibling children. It's epic. It's wonderful.

That's about I can share about this film - and about all I have time to write about because I'm heading off!

Best watched anytime, with anyone. Just have fun!

I watched this film on HBO, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this monster smash feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment