Sunday, October 3, 2021

Vicious Fun (2020)

October Challenge Day 3:

I absolutely splurged on some decadence this morning. Slept in, had my two cats snuggled up with me as I read - essentially I lounged in bed in my robe for hours, even served myself up some breakfast in bed! 

At the recommendation of a friend and before I was ready to really get *out* of bed, I decided to fit in a horror movie. 

This Sunday morning decadence festival introduced me to:

Vicious Fun

It's hard to describe how a horror film can be a great Sunday movie pick - but this one is most certainly a perfect example for me. 

Here we have an adorably derpy horror movie reviewer who accidently get's wrapped up in a talk session group with some serial killers. 

As a derpy horror movie reviewer, from South Dakota, I had an exceptionally hard laugh at when one of the serial killers were questioned about their background and it was stated "Oh she's from the South Dakota chapter". LOLOLOLOLO - still laughing.

Things go Full On Slasher as soon it's discovered that the derpy horror movie reviewer is not actually a serial killer. Just embrace the antics from there. 

Light hearted and super fun, with your casual strangulation by intestine, An Alarming amount of items going through the head and neck, and mutilated bodies littering the place, this was an EXCELLENT, lazy Sunday morning pick. I know I'm not alone in this understanding ... you know... just sitting in your robe and shouting excitedly at the TV, "Yeah! Right through the eye!!" You get it right?

Solid, fun, gory, and very funny (I laughed out loud so many times), I would recommend this film for not just Sunday mornings - but anytime and for pretty much all horror fans - even the queasy ones. 

Best watched on the laziest days - pairs with whatever you can eat in bed, while in your robe, and so not to disturbed the cats. 

I watched this film on Shudder or use the Find It! Watch It! links to see where else you can find this road trip down 1980's slasher lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment