Friday, October 16, 2020

The Car (1977)

 October Challenge Day 16:

I have well over 100 horror films I've noted to have seen but have absolutely no memory of them. This is one, and I have no idea why because it's AMAZING! Curiosity was knocking so I knew I had to watch:

The Car

With opening music that sounds suspiciously like The Shining's opening music, I felt pretty sure I was going to be in for a wild ride. The visuals open with some bicyclists tearing down a desert highway out of nowhere and I was like: 

"OH YEAH! I remember this now!" I watched the whole damn thing again anyway because: awesome.

Premise: a driverless killer car is roaming the desert, mowing people down for no reason whatsoever.

Gawdy and bizarre, this is a horror film for fans of the good, the bad, and the weird. Folks, this one is just so ... weird. The acting is weird, the dialogue is very weird (and very fun), and the premise alone is weird. 

The kill scenes though - the kill scenes are epic. Overall this is a grindhouse worthy feature with cheeky but also serious moments. This film doesn't really know what it is and it doesn't care. Especially the car, it's all: IDGAF.

Best watched while raking your shag carpet. Pairs with horrifying 1970's jello dinner or appetizer recipes and jello shots. 

I watched this film on Netflix or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this loveable but strange feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment