Monday, October 19, 2020

In Dreams (1999)

 October Challenge Day 18:

This film has been on my To-Watch list for yeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrssss. That's nearly 20 years. I'm really not sure why it's taken so long but we're here now!

In Dreams

Perhaps one of the reasons I've kept this one on my To Watch List for so long is because I had a hard time wrapping my head around the premise:

A woman beings to share prophetic dreams with a serial killer.

Wat?

I mean, I love far out stuff but the shared precognitive slumbers is a bit of a stretch for me. 

This film opens with a dreamy stroll through a town underwater. A whole intact town underwater. It's beautiful but horrifying. Things get visually more beautiful and horrifying as the story continues. In fact, there's a scene involving a car and a bridge and it damn near took my breath away. Both because it's an amazing scene and because I have dreams eerily just like that - many times, and they TERRIFY ME.

And here I was huffing at shared precognitive slumbers...

Overall this is a beautiful but odd film. I'm not even sure exactly how I feel about - the ending in particular. 

Pairs with apple cider and:

Apple Pie

Apple Cobbler

Apple-Sage Roasted Turkey

Apple Bread

Apple Soup

Apple Butternut and Sausage Dressing

Best watched on a crisp Autumn day - after a bad dream. 

I watched this film on Pluto or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this restless sleep thriller!

No comments:

Post a Comment