Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Creepy (2016)

October Challenge Day 12

It was a cold, dark, and blustery night - which made for a perfect time to watch something:



This title is not lying - not at all. It's pretty damn creepy!

Here we have an ex-detective who was nearly killed by a psychopath, relocate and start a new life with this wife and dog in a new neighborhood. They're friendly folk and go around the neighborhood introducing themselves to their new neighbors.

Everyone is weird and not friendly, except for one man who is acting a bit ... creepy.

It took me a while to really get into this film. I was trying to wrap my head around where the story could possibly be going and then BAM - I was suddenly packed up and shipped off to Destination Facked. 

The movie quickly takes a turn from being creepy and drags you into a Japanese horror landscape that seems just Japanese horror can do. I will never look at vacuum storage bags the same again...

While creepy and deranged, it's also a creeper of a film that will require your full attention to all the small details. I'm sure on a second viewing I'll be seeing a lot more that was originally missed. You'll also need to pay close attention because the plot wanders around in strange directions sometimes.

That's about all I want to share regarding this film, the devil is in the details and probably best appreciated walking in blind. 

Best watched alone, on a cold, dark, and blustery night. Pairs with hearty homemade soups, and chocolates (best if they are also homemade). 

I watched this film on Kanopy, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this hair-raising feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment