Sunday, October 17, 2021

Kindred (2020)

October Challenge Day 16

Folks, this film disturbed me so much that I started watching Rick and Morty *immediately* after watching this film just to cleanse the palate and go to a funny f*cked up place. Let's take a closer look at:




Oh gawd this film gave me such anxiety!!!

Here we have a couple, in love, and temporarily visiting the boyfriend's family estate, when suddenly she learns she's pregnant and he dies. Chaos ensues. 

This is a suffocating film. Suffocating! This pregnant woman is universally attacked with mental and emotional abuse by her boyfriend's family and then, still worse, they gaslight her the entire time. 

This movie poster - that was also my face during most of the movie. 

At every turn things just get worse for this woman, and I'm sitting there screaming for her the whole damn time. I started feeling stabby, folks! Stabby!

Brooding country estate, murderous dedication to family, lack of access to the outside world, ominous signs - I'm breaking into a cold sweat already!

It's difficult to share much more than this, as the process of walking in blind to this one is also part of the horror. 

Best watched alone, on a cool, crisp, grey day. Pairs with tea and a light lunch, that you will suddenly launch at gaslighters later. 

I watched this film on Hulu or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this blood-pressure-medication-needed feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment