Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Werewolves Within (2021)

My brother called me and asked if I'd like to come over and check out the latest rental he picked up at Scarecrow Video

Me: "What's the movie?"

Brother: "Werewolves Within."

Me: "Hell yeah, I'll be over by 6!"

I mean. It has the word WEREWOLVES in it! And this is how I'll get lured into a creeper van. Somone rolls by and asks if I want to check out some werewolf films and I'll be 'alrighty-o, let's go!'....

Let's check out: 

Werewolves Within


First of all: what fun this one was! 

I walked into this one completely blind. I didn't want to know anything about it - didn't even look up a poster. Which I like most of the time, but I don't see a reason why others should do the same (I mean ... you're here so I'm suspecting you're looking this film up...). 

So I was pleasantly delighted to find this film so utterly charming and entertaining. 

Here we have the classic tale of a new guy arriving to a remote, quirky small town but something more sinister bubbles beneath the quaint village and he ends up accidently in the middle of it all. 

This is absolutely a creature feature whodunnit that kicks off right away with a brutal werewolf attack! I'm always a fan when they jump right in there with the murders... With a great cast of characters, puns-a-plenty, and that quintessential small town finger pointing, you'll be sure to find something to like here.  

Naturally, since my brother and I are watching this, we're also both battling out our movie/actor/random knowledge skills while watching. I was actually having a hard time trying to figure out where I saw the character of Cecily. While I'm racking my brain, my brother pulls up her IMDB profile and suddenly shouts: "I'm one degree of separation from Milana Vayntrub!"

And wouldn't you know it, folks - he is! He directed a short film that starred a guy who would later work with Milana (or as I finally realized, Lily Adams from the AT&T commercials...). Does that also make me some degree of separation since the short was filmed in my living room? 

In all, if you're looking for something on the lighter side of horror but heavy on the wit and humor, then look right this way. Hell, make it a double feature with The Wolf of Snow Hollow!

Best watched all snug on a couch that has seen better days but is still unreasonably comfortable. Pairs with something that's been brewing in a slow-cooker all day. Cold brews or hot teas. 

This movie was rented from a physical movie store, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's sidebar to see where else you can find this fun for the whole family (....sorta...) feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment