Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The Runner (2022)

Chaos. Compulsion. Carnal Impulse. 

I really don't know what I just watched but the music was great. Let's take a quick look at:

The Runner

This is possibly a 40 minute music video. Or it could be a sharp art house film that not everyone will understand. Or, still, it could be just a very creative look into madness, monsters, and music. 

Actually, it's all of these things I think.

And I Love it!

Here we have the story of a woman - feral, hungry, and out looking for blood - just wandering around in the woods. She finds herself in a small town that is still stuck somewhere in a fever dream. Watch out for this one, folks. She's messy. 

I really don't have much else to add. You have to walk in blind like I did. In fact, I watched this film twice! First time I was making meatballs and red sauce, trying to get glances from the kitchen. Then I sat down, with my meatballs and red sauce, and watched it watched it. Oddly, this was a VERY fitting meal for this short. 

A lovely exploration into our inner monsters and the ways in which we release them - with music being the back drop for those complicated inner selves. 

Best watched in a weird head space. Pairs - obviously - with meatballs and red sauce.

I watched this film on Shudder or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this intoxicating drunk dream of a film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment