Saturday, October 10, 2026

Garfield’s Halloween Adventure (1985)

October Challenge Day 9

I went down a Susan Dell and Kelly Loeffler rabbit hole. I don't know what's going on there but I'm scared out of my mind about it. Creepy Shit.

To cleanse the pallet, I needed some nostalgia, something classic, something warm and fuzzy, something like:

Garfield’s Halloween Adventure aka Garfield in Disguise

It has probably been since the '80s (mostly likely '90s) since I last saw this childhood classic and let me tell you - the SECOND it started - I was instantly taken back with core memories and childhood delight.

Something in my bones even remembered the hair trapped in the film - which is still on display, all these decades later. 

Naturally, I remember this story being a lot longer but it's only 24 minutes. 24 sweet, sweet minutes. 

I think I will be incorporating more childhood TV classics into my regular viewing. It was nice to go back, for a change. It was also startling to see how much I still remembered - little things, like movements and sounds. In all, it's a wild experience! Highly recommended. 

I watched this on Paramount+ or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this absolute delight.

PS: If you're looking for more spooky Garfield (and more serious), make this a double feature night with the wildly disturbing: Garfield: His 9 Lives. This TV movie upset me so much, as a kid. I remember being scared, crying, confused - you name it. I think, overall, I was a bit too young to truly understand this abstract concept. So, watch the Halloween Adventure for the kid in you, watch his 9 Lives for the existential crisis in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment