Saturday, October 3, 2026

Midnight Vendetta aka Poison (2001)

October Challenge Day 3

This film starts out with a husband pimping out his wife to a business executive, in the hopes of a new position at the office. 

WOW

I could also immediately tell this film was from the early 2000s. I can't explain it but you can also somehow smell it. Or maybe that's because it might be a little porn-y. This might be a soft porn film, folks. I'm not sure what else to call it.

Let's talk about the surprisingly entertaining film that is:

 Midnight Vendetta aka Poison

After the initial shock of the opening scene - which was RUDE - it's just a wild opening scene, the film quickly pivots to an accidental comedy of extreme drama. I was howling.

This troubled couple then argues about the rape, the husband drives off upset after loosing the job he pimped his wife out for, and dies in a wild car crash. And: scene!

What happens next is so wildly funny it's hard to describe, as we're introduced to the family of the woman who "stole" his job. The "Power Hungry" Mom. The "Seventeen Year Old" adventurous daughter. The "Alarmingly Young and Comically Useless" Husband (who I'm pretty sure I saw on a Hallmark movie poster in the film A History of Concrete - which I caught yesterday at a packed theater). And finally "The Maid".

Take a moment to soak these scenes in, people. It will take a minute to adjust your eyes. But then!! Our angry widow weasels her way into the family .... for REVENGE.

Think a more evil and porn-y version of The Hand That Rocks The Cradle~!!

This film is overly dramatic in such a silly way you can't help but love it. It's cheap, it's fun, it's trashy, and alarmingly engaging. Oh, and don't forget the porn scenes (which are just fine for polite society)! I had so much fun by the end that I'm adding it to my favorites list. 

Pairs with family sized frozen dinners and off brand sodas.

I watched this film on Tubi, of course, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this slutty little adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment