Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Zombieland: Double Tap (2019)

October Challenge Day 18

A friend suggested we go check out Zombieland: Double Tap on opening weekend. I don't normally check out films on opening weekend because I don't like people crowds, but this actually sounded like a really fun and wild idea. Sign me up!

And up I was signed!



That's when it occurred to me that I hadn't seen the original Zombieland since I saw it in the theater back in 2009. WTAF. Seriously. How has it been ten years?!

Despite it being ten years since I'd seen the original, and ten years since this was rebooted (to a degree), this particular film rolled right into the story as if a day had not passed. And I rolled right with it!

In fact, we caught this film in a theater revamped with leather(ish) Lay-Z-Boy style chairs that go *all the way back*. Folks, I got a couple beers in me, reclined in this masterpiece of theater attire (blanketing myself in my big poofy coat) and just let the world around me disappear while a hilarious, witty, fast-paced creature feature was relayed before me.

I WAS DELIGHTED BEYOND WORDS

I can't say yet if I liked this one more than the original because I need to rewatch the original. But I can say that I walked out of the theater liking this one more than I remember liking the original when I walked out the theater!

So, so fun. So, so, fast. So, so funny. And these zombies are so, so, thrilling. Overall, my friend and I couldn't stop talking about how *fun* this film was, after we walked out of the theater. Clever, exciting, and fun - this is one I recommend seeing in the theater.

If you don't catch this one in the theater then I recommend watching it from a Lay-Z-Boy chair, reclined to ridiculous laziness and let those belly laughs bellow loud and proud. Note: reclined to full laziness will make it more difficult to jump up when the actually thrilling and slightly frightening scenes occur. Speaking from experience.

Best watched with people you want to survive the zombie apocalypse with and pairs with appetizers you suddenly decide to splurge on.

I watched this film in the theater. Use the links on Horror Habit's sidebar to locate where else you can find this freaky fun creature feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment