Thursday, October 6, 2022

The Stoning of Soraya M. (2008)

October Challenge Day 6

Folks, I've been watching the protests in Iran. I've been watching the girls and women fighting back the suppression they've suffered under for the last 43 years.  

AND I WANT THEM TO BURN IT ALL DOWN TO THE GROUND. BURN THAT REGIME TO THE GROUND YOU BAD BITCHES!

In 2008, and with very little knowledge of what exactly life was like for women in Iran, I took myself out to a movie, this movie, and I still have not forgotten the horror I saw here - knowing that this is the life woman face in Iran. 

Want to know why these protests are occurring and why these bad bitches are burning their hijabs and shouting all sorts of curse words and chants? Let's check out:



I was in jaw-dropped horror in the theater, as I watched and understood that people Actually Think Killing A Woman in Public is Socially Acceptable! Not just acceptable - required! Because some dude said so. 

The dude in question here is her abusive husband.

Want to know why? Because he could. That's it. That's it. Oh and he wanted to marry a teen girl.

[Screaming, so much screaming, just outright rage - the walls are shaking]

Folks, I'm still mad as hell about the Roe v Wade overturn!!!

[Things are being thrown, items crashing on the wall, shelves are cleared in one swoop of a rage-fueled tattooed arm]

In this story, a caring aunt tries to get the story out about her niece's stoning to a passing journalist - even much at her own - and the journalist's - peril. And of course this is based on a true story. Because of course it is. It's Iran. It's the world. It's just being a woman and this is the shit we face.

I stand with you, woman of Iran. 



No comments:

Post a Comment