Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Waxwork (1988)

October Challenge Day 24

I had documented - years ago - that I've seen this film ... but I had no memory of it so I decided to watch it again (apparently). 

Well, I can say for certain, I have never seen this film before because I absolutely would have remembered: 



Quick clarification - this is not a remake of the silent film I reviewed earlier: Waxworks. Very different!

Oh My Goodness, folks! This film is so much fun! Sure, sure, we have some classic 1980's trash here, but it's the fancy stuff. 

Extraordinarily clever and executed with an excellent cast and deliberate charm, humor, and just a solid story, this is one I'll be rewatching again and again because it's just that kind of fun.

Here we have some college students who receive a strange invite to a midnight show at the new (where in the world *did* it come from anyway) wax museum. 

As they examine and get *drawn in* to the exhibits, people begin to go missing... Uh oh!

This is a slasher - a slashic, if you will - like none other. I also just can't get over how much I laughed, on purpose, the laughs this film generates is on purpose. Also the kill scenes are wild! But's the war with the dead and demons that really takes the cake.  

Folks, gather your friends or watch alone, either way, you're going to have a good time. A traditional pizza and beer movie night with this one! An excellent, excellent pick for a Halloween night movie with most horror fans.

I watched this film on the Roku Channel, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can catch this flashy feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment