Tuesday, October 8, 2024

A Return to Salem's Lot (1987)

October Challenge Day 7: 

This film is UNHINGED. 

I love it. Let's talk about:



Leave it to Larry Cohen to bring us to a small town full of vampires - with his typical scathing humor and spit-your-drink out bluntness. 

This film is feral. 
Absolutely feral.

I'm catching up on all the Salem's Lot movies/shows before I begin on the one that just came out. I was not prepared for this film. Not Prepared!

This film has the same energy as that one rural, wild, small town bar when that one guy everybody knows walks in and it's either going to be a laugh or bottles might be thrown. Chaotic. Curiously entertaining in that cutesy chaotic way. 

Michael Moriarty is a HOOT. This man is so accidentally on purposes full entertainment.

Well, folks, here we have the story of a father and son who are looking to move back to the father's rural home town and whoops. Turns out it's flooded with vampires. Vampires with a purposes for both father and son....


Utterly ridiculous and a wild fun ride, I am so delighted by how much this film surprised me in such a fun way.

I watched this film on HBO Max, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this wild, feral feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment