Sunday, October 13, 2024

Daddy's Head (2024)

October Challenge Day 10

Oh holy smokes, this one is FRIGHTENING. Let's talk about: 




My oh my, movies about grief are just some of the scariest for me. I have a lump in my throat as I'm screaming with these....

Here we have the heart crushing story about a young boy and his step mother, as they process life after the boy's father and her new husband dies suddenly in a tragic accident. 

The child is now an orphan, and she never wanted kids. But here we are, with a creature lurking in the woods and crawling around their home, trying to lure the child into the woods. 

And this is a scary creature!! 

And let's just talk about the title of this film for a second. It's horrifying! Who comes up with a title like this [crying in fear]?

The nightmare of grief is already terrifying but adding an actual monster - ugggggggggg!

My heart ached for this kid. I kept thinking of my husband, who is now deceased, what life was like at that age when he became an orphan himself. And then I kept remembering what it was like when I took my husband off life support.... he would have been 49 in a few days.

The heart ache. The pain. Sometimes it creates A Monster.

This was a little bit difficult for me to watch, just for personal reasons, but it's a stellar, stellar horror film for anyone!

This slow burn is best watched alone. Pairs with wine and food that should sound good but you're just not hungry. 

I watched this film on Shudder or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this absolute frightening feature. 





No comments:

Post a Comment