Tuesday, October 15, 2024

The Stranger Within (1974)

October Challenge Day 13

It's been a while since a movie has blindsided me. You think you have it all figured out and then bam! Let's talk about: 


This is a story about a woman who somehow got pregnant by someone other than her husband. She's always been faithful and he's snipped. Worse still, a pregnancy could kill her. 

What's going on here? 

I know what you're already thinking - Satan. Because almost all supernatural pregnancy movies involve religion because religion just can't help themselves. They MUST have control over a woman, and if they don't either the devil did it or the woman is somehow connected to the devil.

Yawn (most of the time).

I'm happy to report this made-for-TV movie surprised me on multiple occasions with their clever little take on this tired trope. I can't say more without giving the story away.

In this current climate of post Roe v Wade madness, I thought this was a fine take on the power of women, particularly pregnant woman. Also, give us our f*cking bodily autonomy rights back you sons of b*tches.

Best watched in a small group or alone. Pairs with coffee and raw meat.

I rented this movie from Scarecrow Video or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this unique feature. 



No comments:

Post a Comment