Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Diary of a Mad Housewife (1970)

October Challenge Day 11

I knew within the first 2 minutes of this film that every man in it was going to piss me right the f*ck off. I was right! Let's talk about:



Oh this film is ROUGH. Not in the "typical" horror sense - just the average day-to-day for too many women. 

It got so bad at one point that I began to have a full blown panic attack. So badly that I was seriously afraid so I put on my headphones and listened to a Governor Tim Walz speech while the movie played in the background - just anything than to listen to the monsters in this film. 

Here we have the story of a woman who's DONE with her abusive husband and lover. She doesn't know she's done yet, her soul just starts slipping away at the constant barrage of toxic masculinity. 

Oh and it just keeps getting worse. Particularly at the end...

Again, this is a horror film for women, in particular, and The BULLSHIT we've had to endure since forever. 

Keep decentering men, ladies. Fight for your rights. Be a bog witch - that's the only way out of this hell hole called patriarchy. Shout out to all the men doing the lord's work on this too. 

UGH! This film upset more than most. 

Best watched with besties getting out of an abusive relationship. Pairs with girl dinner and a lot of swear words. 

I rented this film from Scarecrow Video or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this very frustrating feature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment