Monday, October 23, 2023

Berserker (1987)

October Challenge Day 21


Do I really need to review this film? Really? You can just look at the title and the poster and *KNOW* what's happening here. 

Let's take a look at:

Berserker


Here we have the story of a car full of young folks going out into the woods and - just like that - danger arrives. This time, as a Nordic berserker in bear form. 

Folks, I could not hold it together when the song "Cool Dude" - and two dudes were spraying beer on each other, shirtless - made it's debut appearance. I could not. Hold. It. Together.

So I'm of Nordic descent, on both sides of my family. The geneology results were absolutely unsurprising at 98% Scandinavian. What makes me laugh though, is that I have routinely referred to going into berserker mode when threatened. It's true. I have witlessness. I've scared my friends (in a good way). 

This though ... is .... it's own delightful and charming chaos. 

Folks, this is exactly what you think it will be and that's just fine. I love this stuff - I mean I love all types of horror - but obviously the trash horror is going to be my comfort food. 

Things turn out bad for most of these kids, as expected. But what's not expected is who makes it out of the clutches of this berserker spirit. Sit back, grab a drink and your favorite food and just let the brain melt away for a little while. 

I rented this film from Scarecrow Video or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this slightly unusual creature feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment