Saturday, October 21, 2023

Anything for Jackson (2020)

October Challenge Day 19


I forget now what I was looking for when I stumbled upon this stellar feature, but I'm so glad I stopped to check it out!




SOLID SOLID SOLID! Loved it.

Here we have the sweet, heartbreaking story of a pair of grandparents grieving over the loss of their very young grandson. Terribly sad. 

Until it turns out they are Satanists looking to kidnap a pregnant woman and sacrifice her body so that they can transfer the spirit of their grandson into her child. 

That escalated quickly!

This film is quite clever. Whip-smart and gory. A delightfully fun and striking blood bath. Oh, did I mention there are creatures they accidentally conjure? Fun Times!!

You really can't go wrong when turning religion into a horror story. Same with pregnancy horror shows. These things easily go hand-in-hand. And when you put religion, pregnancy, and horror all in one!? You get the repeal of Roe v. Wade in the United States, and just, generally, the American healthcare system. Fun Times!! ...

This is a simple but beautifully made horror show. Outrageously entertaining and PERFECT for a Halloween movie binge.

I'm going to argue this is best watched alone on a spooky night. Pairs with tea, soup, and love in your heart.

I watched this film on Shudder, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you find this refreshing feature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment