Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Reptile (2023)

October Challenge Day 10

I've been pretty uninspired by the horror films on Netflix lately, but for some reason this film caught my attention almost instantly. Long time followers know that I list a lot of "Drama" and "Thrillers" on my blog. That's because sometimes drama films, especially, scare the absolute living SH*T Out of Me!

Let's take a look at: 



What in the L.A. Confidential No Country for Old Men Sharp Objects True Detective Season 1 is this beauty!?

Wow! I can see why it's skyrocketing to the top of the popularity lists.

I imaging many people initially thought the same thing I did: is this about the murder of Lindsay Buziak?  It certainly seems inspired ... [shivers] that is an absolutely chilling case that lives rent free in my head, A Lot. 

This stone-cold crime thriller had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Note, this is one where you must pay attention at every second. I looked away a few times and I just had to rewind and start from the beginning again. TWICE

Here we have the story of a gritty detective trying to solve a murder in a small town. Classic tag line but it's the experience of this film that needs to be felt. Viewers will move through in an almost a dream-like state, growing increasingly more paranoid as we embark further through the maze. 

I'm sure we're going to be hearing a lot more about this film, seeing as it was just recently released as of the time of this post, so I'll keep this brief. 

With a stellar cast and haunting atmosphere slapping you in the face right off the bat, strap in for a wild two hour ride. Well done!

Best watched in a very still, silent, and empty room. 

My thoughts are with Lindsay Buziak's friends and family. I look forward to her killer being found, and soon. 

As right now this film is only available on Netflix. Down the road use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's sidebar to see where else you might be able to find this expressive and powerful feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment