Friday, October 13, 2023

Invaders from Mars (1986)

October Challenge Day 13


Happy Friday the 13th, everyone! I have to make this one quick because I'm running to a show - a friend got us tickets to see Tim Cappello (the Sax Man of The Lost Boys fame) and I'm really excited about it!

In that same The Lost Boys light, I thought I would find something that felt a little '80s nostalgic, and I found this! Surprised I'd never actually seen it before so let's check out:




Yes, of course this is intended to be a bit campy - yes it's supposed to be a little goofy, but my goodness! It's done so well!

Tobe Hooper and the wonderful Karen Black bring us a quite a show, here, folks. In this story a little boy witnesses a UFO crashing into the property behind this house. Within a very short time people are acting VERY WEIRD, controlled, etc and it all stems from the landing site. Is the world doomed?

Yes, yes it is. 

The practical effects here - particularly the aliens, are Exquisite! Can honestly say I've never seen aliens quite like this. Jarring, is the first word that comes to mind ... 

As the film continues of course the military gets involved, no one is listening to the kid, wise cracks are cracked, and there are explosions. In all, this is a charming and cheeky horror story for almost the whole family...?

Don't miss these aliens, folks! Come for the cheekiness, stay for the alarming aliens. 

Okay! Gotta run!

I watched this film on Prime or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this fun feature.   

No comments:

Post a Comment