Thursday, October 12, 2023

Planet Terror (2007)

October Challenge Day 12

I sometimes still kick myself for not making it to the theater to see the Death Proof and Planet Terror double feature. Dang it! 

Alas, my bad. 

I also have no idea why it took me 16 years to see this amazing film! Hell, it took me 11 years to see Death Proof. Well, in any case, I've finally seen: 



Sweet baby jesus, this gore fest is FANTASTIC! I shouldn't be surprised, particularly when Tom Savini is involved ... 

Fast and ferocious, this absolute mess of blood, guts, monsters, and humor is some of my favorite things! Oh my goodness this one is so gross! Hahahaha! Love IT!

Here we have the classic story of when sketchy science combined with sketchy people is let loose in the world and a pandemic - some of the nastiest zombie-like creatures I've ever seen - takes over the world.

This isn't your typical creature feature, it's rock and roll, it's wild, it's hot, it's ruthless and completely unapologetic in every shape and form. Aghahaha! I want to watch it again!

Everyone is so great in this film. The effects are TOP TIER! How is Cherry Darling here, able to shoot directly from her gun leg? Who knows! Who cares! I sure didn't. 

I laughed so hard when the film cuts, half way through, and apologizes to the audience for missing a reel of the film - and then cuts back to the movie (clearly jumping far ahead) without explanation for why everyone is now gathered in a building. Lolololololololololo

Oh it brought back memories of when I worked in a movie theater, in the late '90s, and I had to haul film reals around, and to and from other theaters. Those containers are heavy as hell! I won't be surprised if I ever learn how often one of those containers would get lost. 

Fantastic film. 

Best watched on a lazy ass movie night. Alone works but probably best with company. See if you can find yourself a bar with a big screen and enjoy with strangers! Of course highly recommended to watch it as the intended double feature with Death Proof. Pairs with a ton of booze. 

I watched this film on the Roku channel or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this balls to the wall wild ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment