Monday, October 30, 2023

Buried Alive (1990)

October Challenge Day 30


I'm sending off this year's October Challenge with a real winner! GIVE ME ALL THE MADE-FOR-TV THRILLERS! Let's check out:



This title doesn't leave much to the imagination but let me tell you - the ending is EVERYTHING.

Here we have the classic tale of a wife who is done being married and looking for more money. Her and her lover concoct a plan that is sure to be a fail safe for the future they want to embark on. 

UH OH

Are you sure, madam? Are You SURE?

Oh my gawd I love this stuff so much!

Well, as you can imagine, the "death" of her husband doesn't go quite as planned and the latter half of this film is a level of revenge that I simply wasn't prepared for. Oh, and don't forget the nightmare of being: BURIED ALIVE.

Cremate me, folks. Or just drop my corpse off at a body farm so I can at least continue contributing to science, but do not bury me!

This story is unhinged in all the ways and every bit of an absolute stellar made-for-TV film. There's something about made-for-TV films that just hits me straight in the heart. Cripples me. I can't look away. This one though stands heads and shoulders above a lot of films I've seen. 

Yes, it has a very Tales From The Crypt feel, and that's perfect. I didn't mind at all. The '90s vibes here are strong and nostalgic, and Jennifer Jason Leigh is phenomenal as usual. I don't have one complaint about this film. Not one [chef's kiss].

I'm just going to have find a copy of this and add it to my video collection. I'd love to watch it again and again. 

I don't know what else to add - just check it out. Best watched in a farm house, be sure there is a dog barking in the background somewhere. Paris with champagne, a fancy meal, and dirt - everywhere.

I rented this film from Scarecrow Video or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's sidebar to see where else you can find this absolute GEM of a movie. I hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment