Monday, October 30, 2023

Fright House (1989)

October Challenge Day 27


Okay, so it's Friday night and you're all settled in for the evening. What do you watch? Trash sometimes. Sometimes it's trash. Let's take a look at:

Fright House


So the description of this film hinted at some sort of anthology but I didn't see anything that resembled that. In fact, I still have No Idea what I watched?!

At the beginning there was something about a monster killing people, making it look like a suicide? Then there is a bare-chested witch posing as a therapist? There's a cop being mean to his fiance? There is a fraternity that inherited an abandoned house?? There is apparently the devil lurking around campus but I couldn't tell if the house was on campus or was the house the same one that was half demolished - what's going on here!?!

And then I see this film has both Duane Jones and Al Lewis in it. Not Ben from Night of the Living Dead, and Grandpa from The Munsters! What is going on here?!

This film is ... not good. 

I could not keep track of what was going on so I started shopping online.

Did it give me the comfort background noise to make for a perfect snuggle night in on a cold October night? Most certainly. 

My favorite review of this film comes from Tony the Halloween Terror, on Letterbox, who said: "I didn't understand at least half of the eyebrows in this movie". Same, Tony, same.

I watched this film on Tubi, because of course I did, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this .... feature...

No comments:

Post a Comment