Friday, October 27, 2023

Pet Sematary: Bloodlines (2023)

October Challenge Day 26


My siblings and I, we're a Pet Sematary household. We grew up with - and would routinely watch - the original. This was made more horrifying because Gage looked just like our youngest brother. So it was a lot of fun when one of my brothers came over to my place to watch this film while we were on a text thread with the other brothers.  

Let's take a look at:



Now this is a fun premise! It's the origin story of Jud Crandall (Jud from the 2019 Pet Sematary, not the original Jud (1989) - and how the cursed, stony ground began (in a sense)... It starts with the burial of Timmy Baterman by none other than David Duchovny himself!

Hahaha!

Okay, okay, so I was really having a good time with this one. Especially when Pam Grier showed up. I could laugh, honestly entertained, at the silliness, the quirks, the head-tilts. But folks, things just kept taking more and more wrong turns that by the end - my brother and I Could Not Keep It Together! 

Hahahahahahaha!

We could not stop talking through the film, questioning our sanity regarding what we were seeing and hearing. Also, WHY did Jud continuously park in the middle of that damn, dangerous road!? Why? It made my brain itch.

I started convincing myself that maybe this film was created like it was specifically to develop some sort of cult following. We were at our wits end with the total lack of logic by the conclusion of the film.

Was it still entertaining? Yes it was. 
Did it make sense? No. 
Why was the casting this way? Not sure.
How did Jude's girlfriend end up tied up in a hole in the ground? Not a clue.
How did everyone know to meet in the exact same spot of the swamp? ..... 
What Is It With These Tunnels????

Uh, the struggle was real with this one - but if you just sit back and let the Calgon, take me away adventure unfold then you'll have a good time.   

We were pretty flabbergasted by the entire experience, though. 

Give this one a shot. At least once. It was: an experience. 

Best watched in a group. I personally made two pizzas for the movie watching event - that worked out well. Beer and blankets a must. Turn off all the nights and great ready for a lot of WTFs (but they're entertaining WTFs).

I watched this film on Paramount+ or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this wacky film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment