Saturday, December 26, 2015

Come Back To Me (2014)

Holy Smokes!

Folks, this is one knock-your-socks-off thriller!


Come Back To Me opens with a very brutal, intensely brutal domestic violence scene. These few moments will leave you completely horrified for the duration of the film.

My first thought: "Oh my - oh my word. This is terrible. This family is going to need some serious counseling. Serious counseling. Oh man, now it's getting worse. Serious. Counseling."

And then the horror morphs into a whole new level of hell for the entire family and anyone who comes into contact with them.

This movie is insanely original and kept me on the edge of my seat up until end - which is brilliant. Brilliantly horrifying ending, that is. The story line weaves and wanders, and you think you know what's going on - and you might be on the right track for a while - but I can assure you that you've never seen a "creepy guy stalking the ladies" story quite like this one.

Come Back To Me is based on the novel, "The Resurrectionist" by Wrath James White. A book and author I had not previously heard of but must now follow. Insanely original.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film. I'm filing it under top thriller entertainment, and head-spinning story lines so unique they're almost blasphemous. Great stuff.

Now, I've come across some reviews of this film that were a little harsh. Some didn't like the acting, for instance - okay, okay, I get it. It took me a moment too. Some of the characters were a little 'cheesy' at first, but that moment passed quickly for me. 'Cheesy' morphed into full on Responding-To-Terror-Appropriately pretty fast and furiously.

This movie could pair well in a group, but I would recommend that it be a small group (or alone). If you can watch it late at night, alone, with all the lights off - even better. You might want to peek out the window now and then, keep your eye on the new neighbor who just moved in...

Food and beverage pairing: Cookies and popcorn. In fact, make that *too much* cookies and popcorn... then WINE. Lots of red wine. Especially if you're having a ladies movie night. Shots of tequila will work nicely as well. Milk in wine glasses as a booze alternative.

I saw this film on Netflix. Or use the links under Find It. Watch It. on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this mind-blowing feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment