My two youngest brothers (and Horror Habit contributors!) can use quotes from this movie to fit nearly every situation - especially if it's complicated. For instance:
- Getting all the dishes to fit in the dishwasher: "I'll tell you. Nobody handles garbage better than we do."
- While attempting to complete a strange and gross yard maintenance task: "Roger that Burt, and congratulations. Be advised, however, that there are two more, repeat, two more motherhumpers."
- When lost somewhere: "Melvin! One of these days someone's going to kick your ass!"
*note to brothers - feel free to jump in and add some more*
I'm not so good at this. Using quotes from horror movies when, like, I'm grocery shopping, filling the rental car with gas, giving someone directions, or just trying to stay awake is something I'm not very good at quite yet.
Instead, I have created my own quotes, best used during awkward silences, at inappropriate times, or for simply no reason whatsoever. Here are some recent favorites:
- While snuggling with my Husband, I whisper sweetly into his ear: "You smell like Bengay".
- "Wanna hear something that didn't happen to me today?"
- When responding to something you don't have the answer to: "Aliens."
Tremors, a not quite B movie classic (more of an A-, in my opinion), about giant desert-dwelling worms that eat people is a horror movie that is mostly fun for the whole family. Mostly because there is quite a bit of swearing. Tuck that in you pocket somewhere.
Cheesy, but not too cheesy - because seriously, giant worms?
Funny and gross. See also giant worms.
Scary, but not too scary. Because: think about it, Giant Worms That Eat People!
Suspenseful and yet, predictable enough to keep you giggling all the way through. Giant worms.
Above all: it's a very quotable movie, and that's fun for everyone.
This is a great film for a sunny afternoon or at a nightly gathering with friends/family. Although this movie doesn't require your full attention, tuning in to the quick banter is suggested. A good choice for those not totally into really scary movies, and for those who really dig light-hearted horror.
Recommended pairing: Budweiser or lemonade, hot dogs and beans, gummy worms.