Saturday, February 21, 2015

Moon of the Wolf (1972)

I have the house to myself all day today, and that means horror movie watching. All. Day.

I spent about two hours browsing my Roku channels, creating a list of movies I hope to cram into my sunny Saturday.

My first pick was the made-for-TV movie: Moon of the Wolf. Although I despise the surprisingly tongue-twisty title, I was intrigued by the movie poster:


I mean, just look at the creepy ass wolf face! So, based on the cover alone I decided I would give this one a try.

Synopsis: In a small Louisiana town people are getting killed by a mysterious creature and everyone wants to know whodoneit.

It's an okay movie. It's not terrible, but it's also not frightening in any way shape or form. Rather, it's a good movie to put on for the background noise of your sunny Saturday afternoon. You look up at it every now and then, nod, and carry-on with your business.

It felt very Silver Bullet (movie) to me - there's more mystery than anything else until the semi-anticlimactic end and yet you're mildly amused and kinda sorta wanna talk about it to someone who wasn't paying attention to the movie at all. That's how Moon of the Wolf came off to me.

I really don't have much else for you because, surprisingly, that last paragraph there sums up this odd but charming little film in its entirety.

Recommended pairing: lemonade, a sunny afternoon setting, have some light chores to work on while watching. In fact, thanks to the Internet Archive, you can watch it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment