Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Tin Can Man (2007)

I wasn't expecting to see Tin Can Man anytime soon. I just figured it was one of those movies you had to see when in a particular state of mind - and I wasn't quite sure what type of mind set that was supposed to be.

...and now I feel it's pretty safe to say that this movie may be best appreciated when you are not in a particularly good mood...


I was grumpy, tired, and straight up not having any of it, so I turned on my trusty Roku to search for something that was going to make me feel better.

Tin Can Man did not make me feel better!!

BUT

it did have me check myself before I wreck myself (in that things could be worse, A LOT WORSE. Stop whining).

This movie is perhaps one of the most terrifying films I've ever seen. Not terrifying in that I'm afraid to sleep at night, camp in the woods, or will forever give unusual noises a sideways glance. No, I mean terrifying in that you've lost your mind. Poof. Gone. Officially insane now: welcome to your new living nightmare.

Not only is Tin Can Man brilliantly filmed in black and white, but it also prohibits the viewer from seeing anything outside the up close and uncomfortably personal space of poor Pete and his new worst best friend ever, Dave. In fact, the viewer will quickly begin to experience the torture game of I'm Not Touching You! (but while also trapped in a broom closet manufactured in the bowels of Hell).

This is a psychological horror film that is very fast, very uncomfortable, and very curl up in the corner and cry your eyes out because: Insanity. Fantastic work Ivan Kavanagh and your team of six disturbingly creative people.

I watched this film while grumpy and tired of the world's crap, then walked away thinking: "I'm good. We're good now. That's right, everything's good..." All while rubbing my arms to get the cold, hard, chill out. A warning to those who watch it when in a super happy place: this one might take you down a couple pegs - but in an incredibly entertaining way!

This not a movie for a large group. Three people tops. Sit in a very very very very small, dark space. Eat cake - no wait - don't simply eat it, shove it in your face (or have someone else shove it) piece by piece. Turn off all phones and do not, I repeat!, do not answer that knock at your door.

I watched this movie for free on my Thriller Theatre Roku channel. Use the links under Find It. Watch It. on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this delicious little gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment