Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Great British Ghosts (Television Show, 2011)

I know I've said it before, but just as a reminder - I am a great big sucker for these paranormal television shows. No matter how good, bad, or ugly, I simply can't get enough of them.

I came across the television series Great British Ghosts this week, and have managed to plow through two seasons Kool-Aid man style.


Although at times a little cheeky, goofy, or odd, this is still a fun show for just about every ghost story fan or history lover.

Filmed documentary style, Michaela Strachan travels throughout England, visiting castles, inns, mansions, etc., interviewing people about their ghostly establishment.

I would like that job. Please.

This simple premise holds a wallop of fun facts, beautiful buildings, scenery, and loads of great ghost stories told campfire style. Although not at all scary, at times it fosters some good chills - primarily when related to gruesome living conditions and death details. Humans can just be the worst sometimes. The. Worst.

I am an avid (...maybe even rabid??) fan of history, old buildings, traveling, and ghost stories. So it's no surprise to me that I just love this little show so much I could hug and squeeze it and call it George.

There are no night-vision scenes, no ghost "hunts", no jump scares or frights. Great British Ghosts is simply an excellent show for the whole family or anyone looking for the perfect blend of spooky history.

Recommended pairing: soda, candy, and popcorn - straight up theater style. Get super comfortable and snuggle in for some really delightful 22 minute episodes.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved the series nothing beats old England ghost stories. I loved Michaela since I was a boy. Such fun unpretentious tv.

    ReplyDelete