Sunday, October 14, 2018

Demon House (2018)

October Challenge Day 7

I'm a huge paranormal fan. I've even created an extensive list of paranormal TV shows and documentaries that fellow paranormal fans can use to satisfy their own hunger for the unknown.

So, naturally, I know all about the Ghost Adventures crew. I affectionately call them my Ghost Bros. However I wasn't initially aware that this documentary was created by Ghost Adventures founder, Zak Bagans. I honestly thought Demon House was just a scary movie until I started up the film!


(This says a lot about much research I do before starting up horror films...)

I recall reading in the news about Zak buying a notoriously haunted house, but I didn't look much further into it. Figured we'd be hearing more about that transaction later. Sure enough the world did, and it is this documentary!

Zak provides the audience with plenty of warnings at the beginning of this show. Warnings that this house is seriously disturbed and could affect others - just even watching the film. I know this is a real 'gimmicky' way to engage the audience, but I was honestly disturbed by this film.

It is gripping, it is engaging, and it's downright rather scary. Regardless of your beliefs in the paranormal, it's a fascinating story and it has a kick in the gut ending. The work that went into the creation of this is well done and successfully told.

Now, I get disturbed by interesting things. For instance, with mother!, the fact there was no sidewalk leading to the house messed up my head something terrible. Here, it was the fact there was no real dining room. There was no place for a family to properly gather around a table. I Can't Tell You Exactly Why This Disturbed Me! The house was built with no support for a friend or family gathering place.

Not even the living room is a living room! It's a hall. This observation gave me chills. In my opinion, the house was sick in the first place. It was a building, but certainly not a home. The ghosts just made the creep factor worse (particularly for me). 

All in all, this is a downright creepy tale. Best watched alone in the dark. Pairs with wind, snow, and lots of deep-seeded dread looming in the background.

I watched this film on Amazon Prime, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's sidebar to locate where else you can find this bone chiller.

No comments:

Post a Comment