Saturday, May 18, 2013

King Kong vs Godzilla (1962)

One of my very favorite things to do on Saturday night is somehow manage to stay up until 10:00 PM and watch Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-In Cinema. Then, if by some miracle I haven't fallen asleep by midnight, I watch Off Beat Cinema. These very entertaining tongue-in-cheek adventures show some of the best cult classic horror and science fiction movies. Ever.

Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-In is hosted by the Wolfman and his crass, insulting, ever clever sack-of-bones side kick, Boney Bob. Check out there web site, and better yet, check out their show - tonight!


On their website you'll find their episode guide, blog, updates, and videos. Not since Elvira's Movie Macabre have I seen such delightfully horrible horror movies hosted by such delightfully entertaining characters. I love this show. LOVE IT.

Off Beat Cinema is a another television series that shows some of the strangest, wildest, and worst movies ever made. But they're cool, man, you dig? See, Off Beat is hosted by beatniks, Maxwell Truth, Bird (the painter) and the cooler than cool, Zelda.

To quote their fresh new website (or, pad - you dig?): "With movie information and introductions from the beatnik hosts, viewers are led through espresso expressionism, cafe au lait creature features and java jarring thrillers."

Although also tongue-in-cheek, they are a bit more focused on bringing on the weird, discussing the history of the film, and well frankly, I just dig that beatnik style, you know cool cat?

The reason I bring up two of my favorite television shows is because they have both shown: King Kong vs Godzilla. A movie so profoundly mind-blowing, I mean numbing, I mean blowing, that I couldn't come up with much to say expect essentially, 'watch these guys watch this movie'. So there you go.


This movie is about King Kong and Godzilla - that is really all you need to know because everything else in the film won't make much sense. And I can't be certain, but I think this movie was filmed in Fraggle Rock and the sets were designed by Doozers. In any case, I spent most of the film with my jaw dropped, mouth breathing. This movie is so crazy it's perfect. (Think Jackson Pollock paintings...or don't, it's up to you.). If you don't believe me, watch the trailer and hold your head tight because it just might explode:


Stay cool, ghouls and boys!

UPDATE - it would appear that this movie is now on the Internet Archive:



No comments:

Post a Comment