Monday, October 11, 2021

Falling for You (1995)

October Challenge Day 9: 

I am a sucker for made-for-TV thriller/horror films, particularly ones from the '90s. I was in my teens then and ATE THIS SH*T UP! I'm still eating. Sometimes too much.

This one, while finally watching it now, is no exception. Let me introduce you to the classic, and my kind of murder trash:



While I'll listen to murder podcasts all day - spicing things up sometimes with a little Snapped or Unsolved Mysteries, I also truly enjoy these stories in made-for-TV version. Don't ask why, just let me lounge in my PJs with my cheese plate and give me the Lifetime Movies!!!!

Here we have a young woman living her best life when she encounters a douche canoe who sweeps her off her feet despite his first words being "I know all about you, I can just tell". Okay those weren't the exact words but, speaking from experience, when a dude comes up to me and starts telling me all the things he *knows* about me, by just looking at me, I just walk away.  Gurrrlll, you should have walked away. 

While a thriller it's also adorably predicable and that's just the way I like'em. Serial killer is on the loose, woman fresh out of a relationship falls for a sketchy man, there's a bunch of who-dun-its, and a survivor who turns the tables. Cheese and cracker crumbs are already falling on my lazy ass chest just talking about.

Obviously not for every horror fan but those who know, know what I'm talking about here. 

Best watched in small group of your favorite friends who love to spill the tea and live in their PJs. Pairs with bottomless mimosas and nothing to do for the rest of the day. 

I watched this film on Peacock, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this soothing slave of sultryness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment