Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Decoys (2004)

October Challenge Day 18

Oh this poster cracks me up! Not only was it catching, and the reason I watched this film, it's also - in conjunction with the title - just vague and weird enough that you really have no idea what you're about to get into.

Let's explore:

Decoys


Here we have a couple of college bros, excited to be on their own and hopping to jump into a hot girl's pants. Boring. Except! It was actually entertaining - despite the bros.

It actually caught me off guard how hard I laughed at the opening scene. 

So we have a couple of best dudes loosing their mind over all the lovely college women, then one of these woman starts flirting with him. 

Uh oh. What will it lead to?!? IS IT SEX! It might be deadly, deadly SEX!

Men are going missing in the area and things seem to be tied to one particular flirty sorority...

This movie is my kind of trash, and by trash I mean it's actually pretty good but feeds my trash soul. This poster is also amazingly deceptive in what the story is really about. I can't stop laughing at its genius. 

This is an absurd but witty gem that is also a surprising sci-fi film. I'm not going to share much more than that because it's best to walk in blind. 

Best watched with your best movie watching people. Pairs with beers from a keg, spiked punch, and in your favorite mid-2000s outfit.

I watched this film on Film Rise Horror, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this late night/shower beer of a feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment