Monday, October 3, 2022

Alone With You (2021)

 October Challenge Day 3:

I have this uncanny ability to judge movie posters (and the type of movie it will turn out to be) with savant-like skills. I have yet to be wrong and I will eat my shoe when I am. 

So when this film showed up as I was scrolling I was all: Yep. This will be pure anxiety. 

GUESS WHAT? IT IS!

Let's take a little look into:

Alone With You


Here we have a woman waiting for her girlfriend to come back home - she's been traveling and our young woman here is looking forward to the romantic reunion. 

Folks, it should come as no surprise that this reunion is not going to go as planned. 

This film focuses on one person 99.9% of the time, and claustrophobicly in a New York City apartment. We have heart break, madness, no sense of time, and hard, cold realizations that someone doesn't love you anymore. 

This film gives off all the anxiety and feelings of loss. I typically pace back and forth with these films, pausing the movie often. While some would argue these are not 'horror' films, I have and will continue to state they are nightmare-inducing and therefore, horror stories. More horrifying still, they tap into Very Real, everyday experiences. 

Best watched alone, with a bottle of wine on an empty stomach. Feel free to take a bath afterwards. 

I watched this film on Shudder, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this sad chiller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment