Monday, October 24, 2022

Eli Roth Presents: A Ghost Ruined My Life (Television Show, 2021)

October Challenge Day 18

You all know I won't EVER turn down a ghost show. GIVE ME ALL THE GHOST SHOWS!

Good, bad, ugly - I don't care. I'll watch them all.

That said, when I saw the title for this one, I did laugh. I just had a hard time taking this title seriously. Let's take a look at:



Folks. I binged watched the 1st season in just a matter of days. It's startling good!

Sure, sure, we have the simple, classic set-up of folks sitting in a chair and retelling their ghost story (with re-enactments happening on the side). But this one adds the additional spin with the story sharers going back to the 'scene of the crime', which turned out pretty well!

I walked into this with skepticism because of this title - and I don't have anything against Eli Roth - it's just this title still feels so over-the-top, even though I liked this show a lot! 

That all said, the interviewees seemed very legitimate, with folks still recovering from their traumatic experience. They shared some very scary stories and I have no doubt their experience did ruin some things in their life. I've also never heard of any of these stories, which is rare for me, I've seen the same ones told across multiple paranormal shows.  

*Now, I've said it so many times before but I feel it's necessary to repeat: the field in which I grow my f*cks about you not believing in ghosts, is barren. I really don't give a shit. Fine, have a good time with that. I'm not here to convince you.*

In all, I became absorbed in this show and the way the stories are told. Very Solid Entertainment!

Best watched when you can binge watch a couple episodes - I recommend from the bed when you should actually be sleeping. Oh, if you have a story to share .... let them know here!

grml@creamproductions.com

I watched this film on my Philo app, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this smart, spooky show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment