Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Slaughter High (1986)

October Challenge Day 22

OH YEEEEAAH! Check out the poster image - just LOOK AT IT! We already know what we're getting into with:



Oh here we go! You know the story folks - a bunch of teenagers (it's the 80's so they're really all in their 30s) are being assholes and the target of their bullying comes back for revenge... YEAH Bring it!

This is another classic revenge slasher, but it is also its own entertainment. For instance, while the prank-gone-wrong happened back in high school, it's the 10 year class reunion now, it's all behind us right? We're a little older, wiser - it's all good now right? 

WRONG

One of the most entertaining elements of this film is the "high school" building. According to IMDB, apparently the buildings used were an abandoned asylum and an abandoned grammar school. [chefs kiss] I loved it. The setting - filmed nearly all at night - looks exactly like a place I would go exploring if given the chance. 

I'd have no problem doing that either because I ain't afraid of no ghosts AND I didn't spend my high school years as a bully (I fought'em though), and so I feel rest assured that I wouldn't be chased down the hall by someone in a giant jester costume. 

And that's our killer here folks, a giant jester costume, because the accident in high school occurred on April 1st. Oh yeah.

In all, this is a ridiculously silly slasher that holds plenty of twists by the end. Fun stuff. Bring the beer and friends, get ready for belly laughs and a gore fest. 

I watched this film on Tubi or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this slashic.

No comments:

Post a Comment