Saturday, January 5, 2013

Scared To Death (1947)

Movie cover description: "A woman who was literally frightened to death narrates the story of how she arrived at her untimely demise. The woman is shown going through a series of circumstances that begin to wear down her psyche and drive her to madness. A lengthy line-up of suspects for the person responsible for her death has the police baffled."


Sounds pretty alright - right? Sounds like it has potential and could be a clever film noir-ish horror movie right? I'm sad to say that I wasn't even able to focus on the plot twists and characters because the sound quality was so absolutely horrible that to this day I cringe in fear at the memory of it.

Scared To Death alternates between scenes of an apparently deceased woman talking and scenes of apparently not deceased people talking. The sound quality of the dead woman scenes are so poor that I thought for a moment my ears were bleeding. Watch at your own risk, or watch without the volume on. I recommend the latter. 

That all said, you can still watch the movie for free through the Internet Archive:


No comments:

Post a Comment