Monday, December 31, 2012

The Killer Shrews (1959)

This movie was my introduction to 1950s creature features, and it is still one of my favorites. Again, this movie is so bad it's good. I struggle to describe these types of movies any other way.


My love for this film (and several others) was carried into my neighborhood local pub, where I would watch them nearly every Saturday afternoon on the pub television. It slowly developed into a following by bartenders and patrons alike. Saturday afternoons soon turned into 'bad movie Saturday' - where all could enjoy these movie delights over a pint of beer (the two went hand-in-hand wonderfully).

The Killer Shrews, based on the DVD description, is about "A scientist on an island working on a project, to help with the world population problem, accidentally creates giant shrews that escape his lab and devour every animal on the island. With nothing else to eat, the giant shrews set their sights on the compound of scientists and their guests. Led by Captain Thorne Sherman (James Best), the group must make a break for his ship to escape from the ravenous s shrews."

AWESOME

And you know what? Because I love this movie so much AND I love you so much - you can watch this movie now. You're welcome. Grab a beer and enjoy. Happy New Year XO


No comments:

Post a Comment