Monday, October 26, 2020

Cheap Thrills (2013)

October Challenge Day 24:

I don't know what it was about this movie poster but it bugs me. I just don't like it - there's something wrong...

Folks, it didn't take me long to find out how wrong this cringe binge creeper of a movie is:

Cheap Thrills

Things start out pretty great for our guy, Pat. He wakes up to his loving and beautiful wife, spends the morning cuddling on his new baby boy, and then he walks out the door and into the worst day of his life. 

Facing a really craptastic day and a mounting amount of financial worries he decides to grab a pint before heading home. What's that? A buddy he hasn't seen in years is there, ah hell yeah buddy - just have a couple more beers and catch up. 

A NIGHTMARE ENSUES

I don't know about you but I have certainly had the occasions where you think you're going to have a normal day and quiet evening in, but then suddenly you find yourself in an absolutely insane night out. A night out that people talk about for years. This story takes that situation to a whole new level.

Woof. 

This is a doozy of a film that left me feeling VERY UNCOMFORTABLE

In fact I went for a walk afterwards. Shaking it off and feeling grateful my wild nights out usually just involved someone hilariously embarrassing themselves. 

This film is funny until it's not funny, and you will know it - the cringe binge will change from "ha ha ha - I'm embarrassed for you" to "no no no no no no no no no". Folks, beware of the cocaine crazed wealthy power couple that "...just wants to have a little fun ...". 

Pairs with "I'm just going to have a couple drinks and head home" and your best childhood friend. Best watched at home, don't go out.

I watched this film on Tubi or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this teeth grinder of a situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment