Friday, October 2, 2020

The Other Lamb (2019)

 October Challenge Day 2:

As someone who genuinely enjoys my own company and thoughts for extended periods of time, I find cults to be not only very confusing but deeply disturbing. Let's tack on cult leaders - narcissistic sociopaths that they are, preying on people who are looking for hope, light, and clarity - and we have a recipe for disaster in every single form. 

Let's welcome The Other Lamb!


Now, I recognize there can be a very fine line between spiritualism and cultism. This film's line is not fine at all - it's glaring, red, and flashing lights.

This was a hard one to watch, folks. It brought out some real horror and rage in me - suppose that's a good sign that I really hate to see women blindly following an abuser. This quiet and menacing slow burn of a movie is all of this and more... 

Premise: A religious cult of mothers and daughters, (unsurprisingly) headed by a man they creepily call "Shepherd", is lead into the middle of nowhere to escape the law. As the trek continues one daughter begins to see what's really happening... 

Scenic, beautiful, ethereal, and nightmarish, I don't think this is a horror film for all horror fans. When I turned this one on I crawled onto the couch and almost immediately my two cats hopped up on me and sat there, like gargoyles. Not a film for all horror fans but quite possibly a good one for witchy b*tches like myself. 

Overall a really spooky and decent film, but again, not everyone's cup of tea. Best watched in a minimal but sensible environment wearing itchy, shapeless clothes. Eat foods that hurt.

I watched this on Hulu, or use the Find It. Watch It. Links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can find this enraging (but oddly satisfying) feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment