Saturday, October 3, 2020

See No Evil (2006)

October Challenge Day 3

I was today years old when I learned that WWE made a horror film. How in the world did this one slip past my radar for so long?!

Say hello to the grindhouse slasher: See No Evil!


Not sure if this is a good one to start watching at 8:00 AM (like I did), but what the hell! See No Evil kicks off right away with a dingy room, a crazy giant gouging eyes out, and a chopped off arm - that's about 30 second in. Unapologetically gross, greasy, and gnarly, I truly appreciated this film's gusto. 

Staring WWE wrestler, Kane, the movie follows a group of delinquent young adults as they embark on a trial rehabilitation study. Their assignment: clean up the old, abandoned Blackwell Hotel for a reduced jail sentence. 

My immediate reaction: "YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!" and "This is so insane I love it!"

Is this film a little trashy? Yes. Does it matter? No. It's a gory and graphic blood bath that is unashamedly aware of exactly what it is. 

There are some kill scenes here that are rather remarkable and the effort put into the scenery and feel (so that you want to take a really hot shower afterwards) is also rather remarkable. Overall, kickass.

Pairs with sick days and food you can put together and keep down during sick days. Snuggle up buttercups and enjoy this WWE show. 

I watched this film on HBO or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's sidebar to see where else you can find this manic of a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment