Thursday, October 8, 2020

Crawl (2019)

 October Challenge Day 8:

I was thinking of all the hurricanes that have occurred this year (one is currently happening as I type this) while staring at the poster image for this movie. Trying to decide if I really wanted to watch it. 

I've never been in a hurricane - tornado and earthquake girl myself, but holy smokes, this film certainly frightened me and I would like very much never to be in one. Hurricanes are bad enough - let's throw in some really mean gators!

May I introduce you to the heart stopper: Crawl 


Although I initially thought the premise was a little hokey, the absolutely fantastic special effects and sound quickly won me over. 

I damn near got a little emotional even.

Here we have a Floridian father and daughter (and dog) trapped in their flooding house due to a hurricane. In come the gators!!!! A fight for survival with mother nature ensues. 

Folks, this one sinks it's teeth in ya and does not let go! DOES NOT LET GO! I'm legitimately impressed with how terribly frightening this film is. 

Again, the special effects and atmosphere are absolutely stellar but what really blew me out of the water (...I did that on purpose...) were the sound effects. Props to our family for having a pretty sweet sound bar, but I don't think you need anything fancy to really experience the outstanding sound and music. 

All the raves to all the work put into creating a film that got this hardened horror fan to repeatedly jump and literally sit on the edge of my seat through the whole film.

I watched this film on Hulu, or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can catch this whopper of a film.

2 comments:

  1. I love creature features (ever since I was little), and this did not disappoint! I was scrunched into the corner of my couch with no where else to go unless I jumped over and hid behind it. I agree--it was very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creature features are great, right!! Still just dumb struck with how heart stopping this one was.

      Delete