Wednesday, October 14, 2020

The Rift (1990)

 October Challenge Day 14: 

This is a film I've heard about many times and I've seen the poster countless times, but I've actually never seen it and knew nothing about:

The Rift

In a word, this film is a "hoot". 

Here we have a tale of submarine-housed deep sea scientists on a mission to find another, lost, team of submarine-housed deep sea scientist. Antics unfold that include a wide range of in team fighting and deep sea creatures so insane they actually caught me off guard. 

Although most of the acting, creatures, and premise very much felt like something from a 1950's creature feature, it was R. Lee Ermey who really won me over. 

Did not go all Gny. Sgt. Hartman in this film, but still awesome

Overall this was a fine film to watch late at night with a few drinks - just sit back and enjoy the silly fun. For example, get a load of these images from the film - it will give you a good idea of what's in store:



I watched this film on Prime, or us the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to see where else you can catch with wacky feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment