Motel Hell has been in my Have You Seen list for who knows how long. Why I never made the effort to see it sooner I have no idea. But yesterday changed all that - in the form of a cozy night in with friends, chili, and a barrel of laughs.
Movie nights with friends are the best. Movie nights with friends and an insanely odd, wonderful, hilarious 1980's freak fest is even better!
Fun facts about the film:
- It's a lot better than you think it's going to be.
- Apparently there is a tribute to this film in the television series Scream Queens.
- A great film to shout at or to create your own Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode.
- You'll never look at burlap bags the same again.
- The 'motel' plays a minor role ... in fact I don't recall anyone actually checking in ...
- It more than satisfies all your 1980's horror movie needs.
- In all, it's devilishly delightful in all ways.
This quirky film surprised me with it's unique and yet blatantly ridiculous story line, over-the-top characters and their rather alarming behavior, but more so this film surprised me by how much I enjoyed it.
I had a lot of fun watching it, and it was made more fun with the fun company. It's safe to say that we all (and there were widely varying degrees of horror appreciation in the room), thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
Pairs with a gooey, cheesy, feel-good food that is undoubtedly bad for your health. Eat as much as you can - life is short anyway. Beers, or anything that is inevitably burp-inducing. Candy, popcorn, jerky for sides. OR! If you want to go all out: fritters.
I watched this movie at a friends house. Use the links under Find It. Watch It. on Horror Habit's sidebar to see where else you can find this bizarre and side-tickling feature.