Thursday, October 3, 2013

Some Guy Who Kills People (2011)

Thought a lot about anger today. So much so that I got angry about it.

So I took a walk (to the movie store) and ended up thinking more about anger, frustration, and down-right rage. Then I looked up an realized that I was so engrossed in thought and pace that it took some time to reorient myself and get back on track. Like anger does to people.

I didn't really find many answers to my thoughts, but I did find some forgiveness. Aaaannnd a few visions of myself growing to a monstrous size and height, storming about the world, stomping down ridiculousness with a laugh and shaving absurdity in two with my horrifyingly dangerous leg hairs. But then I saw myself hurting my left  foot on a mountain... and I just had to laugh. Twas the end of my SMASH thoughts and back to my more-or-less, Dance Party! - holla!, self.

BUT THEN

I found a fellow female horror movie blogger. The Girl Who Loves Horror. She had me at Nigel Andrew's quote "It needs to be insisted on that horror films are not for the morbid, they're for the life-lovers."  Exactly! Dance Party - holla! I highly recommend you check her out! She's smart, loves horror films, writes great reviews, wears glasses too, and is my new imaginary best blogger friend.

Which brings me to today's movie pick: Some Guy Who Kills People. This man is pissed as hell. And sadly, rather than go for a walk and think about stubbing his toe on a mountain, he decides to go after the people that got him so worked up in the first place. Or at least that's what the movie description tells me.


This movie has won Best Feature Film awards, as well as Best Screen play, and Best actor awards at film festivals around North America. I'm excited to see it. I think this funny rage machine will be quite the "treat" for my day.

Did you see what I did there? "Treat"? The main character works in an ice cream parlor. [two drums and a cymbal fall off a cliff] Yee gads! I'm on a roll and ready to go. Let's watch this! See you after the show.

Update:

Ooh my, this is one very good movie! It's excellent, in fact - a new favorite of mine. I want to hug it and hold and squeeze it so tight!

I had so much fun watching this film that I was clapping with glee and had a big fat cheesy grin on my face the whole way through. This is a very fun, funny (hilarious, actually), lovable movie. A perfect choice for horror movie fans and those who don't like truly scary flicks.

I was hesitant to throw this one into the Blood and Guts category, because there is very little of it in my opinion, but there was enough to make a few faces grimace.

Some Guy Who Kills People is clean cut and straight to the point. There is zero dilly-dallying going on here. The dialog is AWESOME - I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard AND sat on the edge of my seat for a horror movie. It's also smart, funny, heart-tugging, and a bit of a mind twister. Shaun of the Dead comes to mind... at least it's the closest to this experience that I've come across.

You'll fall in love with all the characters, well most of them anyway. The female characters are superb and side-splittingly funny. The police force is a riot act. Most everyone else is simply delightful.

Highly highly highly recommend this film.

It was a perfect and yet accidental choice for my day. It was a most excellent way to end the day. I suggest watching it when you're feeling down, angry, confused, or just need a good laugh. This movie focuses on anger, disappointment, fear, bullying, self-esteem and ultimately how one can address those aspects of life, move on, and be a better person for it.

Recommended pairing: Ice-cream - in any and all forms, with sprinkles, caramel, cherries, and gummy bears (if you're into that sort of thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment