Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Lair of the White Worm (1988)

I'm going to start this year's October fest with a film I watched recently. No time to watch it today because life. But I wanted to talk about Lair of the White Worm - it needs to be talked about.


I'm not sure what happened in this film but I liked it. I don't even know if this film is really about a white worm, a dragon, a witch, a vampire, or a snake. Best part: I don't care! I'm not even sure if this film is supposed to take place in Scotland or England - and I watched this film several times (pieces of it, anyway) over a one month period (pieces finally all seen).


The dream sequence makes the film. One of the best parts of the film, in fact. Most notably, I'd like to give the ink pen in this scene some sort of award. Don't worry - you'll know it when you see it.

I found the movie confusing but fun, in the I Don't Give A Crap Anymore, fun. It felt like someone wrote it when they were, officially, all out of sh*ts to give. It was beautiful and dare I say, relaxing.

Not exactly a movie for the brain, but it will tug at it. Not an emotional piece but quite silly at moments. It has disturbing moments too, however! Such as: the male genitalia plays a rather significant role, especially at the end, but not in the way you think. Tuck that knowledge away somewhere safe ... know that it might not be able to be unseen. No, you will not be able to guess.

Good luck watching this film in one seating. Just know it is worth seeing - preferably while un-showered for days, living on your couch, pouring the milk right into the cereal box, and letting the machine answer all your calls. Everyone should do this at least once in their life, anyway.

But, as suggested, best in small doses.

No comments:

Post a Comment